Rules, a work in progress.
1. Be safe.
2. Have fun.
3. Obey all rules of the road and rules of any event you are participating in. If you are DQ'd from any single series event you can be DQ'd from the entire series.
4. Registration is open for the series from Feb 1, 2019 until Feb 28th, 2019. No field limit.
5. Either register for the Full Course Series (which is the age groups / silly bike categories at Bike Reg), or register for the M/F Short Course Series. Check the bottom of the Events page for details on the races.
6. Points are only earned towards your series total in events that are entered in the same category as your series entry. If you enter the Silly Bike Category, we only count races where you raced a Fatbike, Single Speed, etc. If you enter the Short Course option, we only count the races from the Short Series List. The only exception is that the TTT applies to both the Full Course and Short Course.
7. Podium Bonuses- any podium at any event in the series earns 15 for first, 10 for second, 5 for Third. These can be stacked if say you were 3rd overall and 1st in your entry category. They are also not limited to the top for placement scores
8. Top 4 finish placement scores are taken for points total. 10 events in the series
9. Additional 10 points for completed series events beyond the 4 (or 5 if its 10 races) top scores.
10. 50 bonus points for volunteering at a series event. These are in addition to the 4 (or 5) top scores. (Must have event promoter sign off on your sheet that you actually volunteered, they will be happy to, all of them can always use the help.)
11. Volunteer bonus points are available for events you are participating in as well as those you are sitting out, but only one event qualifies for 2019. (If you volunteer at more than one, kick ass, you rock, but the points are only offered for the first one for now.)
12. Categories for the Series may be combined if there are less than 5 riders in a given category.
13. Categories for the Full Course Series are your age as of final Series event - Gravel Worlds Aug 17, 2019)
Full Course Series Events: Men and Women in each of the following age groups:
- Silly Bikes - all ages (fat, singlespeed, fixie, tandem, recumbent, cargo, uni, tricycle, big wheel)
Short Course Series Events: Men and Women (no age or bike categories).
14. Podium places for series
Awards for top 3 in each category
Overall top male and female points scores are also recognized
15. Finishing placement Scoring
First across the line of an event is max placing points. Then each successive rider has 90% of the previous finishers place points, rounded to the largest whole integer.
50, 45, 41, 37, 33, 30, 27, 24, 22, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5....
100, 90, 81, 73, 66, 60, 54, 49, 40, 36, 32, 29, 26, 23, 21, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 5, 5....
150, 135, 122, 110, 99, 89, 80, 72, 65, 59, 53, 48, 43, 39, 35, 32, 29, 26, 23, 21,19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, etc.
16. For the TTT there are 3 separate scores. Time placement 50 , Trash quantity 50 and combined placement 50. Riders receive points in all three categories. Males and females scored separately but no other categories apply and no podium points. So in theory a rider could get 150 points from this event, but that's unlikely.
17. Events outside of the eastern part of the state and new events have higher points to encourage participation.
18. Let us know if we did good or messed up. Thanks